What Is E-Learning
The scope of this article as an introduction to e-learning methods and practices is to provide readers with the knowledge required to develop e-learning program. The developer of an e-learning course should be:
1) Understand how electronic learning is an appropriate means of education
2) Determine the educational needs of their study group
3) Writing of distance education materials
4) Choose the correct way of communication between students and teachers and the students themselves
5) Being an e-tutor
6) Providing support to students if necessary
7) Approach the student in an effective way
8) Evaluate the effectiveness of their programs
The duration of the course as well as the appropriate content depending on the educational needs of particular groups of students. Therefore, the first step in designing the course is to recognize the special needs students. A detailed questionnaire was distributed to target groups and their responses are measured qualitatively and quantitatively.
The questionnaire measures the level of IT students, their previous experience in e-learning or other forms of distance learning, education and communication patterns, etc. The answer is the basis for planning program.
Α bibliography of research on social development, politics, education and technology, each country is also important to understand the potential of students and plan a program that fits your needs and customs.
Unfortunately, as Robinson states, a large number of research and education based on student support and communication to issue e-course was developed based on the same cultural context: formal, higher education institutions based in developed countries.
The imposition of this context would create a false “standard” and has downplayed the importance of diversity in the development of training courses and distance learning.
The purpose of this study was to identify factors that shape the context-specific needs of students, especially:
* The geographic – student distribution
* Technology – infrastructure
* The economic – capacity
* The social cultural – other
Study and review of literature and the questions allowed the team to develop a course of education, with respect to variations of a particular learning community. The results are used primarily in the design of communication methods and patterns and student support systems.
This course is designed to provide a high level of interactivity between students. Students have many opportunities to communicate in both synchronous and asynchronous ways, to exchange views and more importantly, carry out cooperation projects.
One of the most significant advantages distributed an online course is the ability to bring people from different cultures by creating a Multicultural learning community. Therefore, collaboration between students add value to the learning experience of students, giving them a chance to see the world from a broader perspective.
Projects and evaluation exercises that students will do practical way to realistic scenarios. For example, in understanding the thematic area of their students, students may be asked to list the elements that are important to know the students and interviews a group of real students.
Given that future students of these programs have worked in education, you will not find difficulty in going to the sample.
Sure – thematic
Field suggestive themes from this course:
1) historical context – of distance education and e-learning
2) Design – e-learning material, text and multimedia material
3) Communication – between groups of students
a. Pedagogical needs of interactivity – among the students
b. Form of communication: synchronous communication, asynchronous and technological methods to achieve
4) Role – e-tutor
5) Support – students in e-learning environment
6) Student evaluation and self-evaluation
7) Assessment – from e-learning